Become A Volunteer Today – Apply Now!
Children who have been removed from their homes because the people responsible for caring for them could not, are thrust into an unfamiliar world filled with social workers, lawyers, courtrooms, and judges. These children need someone to advocate for them.
Central Georgia CASA Volunteers bring a voice and a sense of urgency to the needs of children by:
- Gathering information about the child’s situation
- Attending court proceedings
- Making recommendations to the judge to help the court make a sound decision about needed services for the child and the child’s future
Our CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) volunteers are qualified, compassionate adults who fight for and protect a child’s right to be safe, to be treated with dignity and respect, and to learn and grow in the safe embrace of a loving family.
The lives and well-being of children are hanging in the balance. Every child who cannot live safely at home should have a CASA volunteer who will help ensure their safe passage out of foster care, to the benefit of their children, and generations to come.
I’m Ready. Now What?
All CASA volunteers are required to be 21 years of age, complete 30 hours of training and 10 hours of court observation, pass a thorough criminal background check, and have a love for children. Volunteers must also be available for court appearances with advance notice.
- You can either complete CASA Volunteer Application online or download and return via mail to the Central Georgia CASA office: 3888 Northside Dr., Suite B, Macon, GA 31201 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once your application is received and reviewed, look out for an email about scheduling a pre-training interview.
- Attend a Central Georgia CASA Training.
Volunteer Training Schedule
- 2022 Trainings:
- Tuesday March 29 morning start
- Tuesday April 26 morning end
- Back to school
- Thursday August 25 evening start
- Thursday September 22 evening end
- Contact Susanna Patterson for more details (email@example.com)