Join us in ensuring that children and youth in foster care have a safe path to a forever home by becoming a CASA volunteer.
The training will consist of 5 modules over 5 weeks from April 24 – May 28. You will complete work on your own, and we will also meet virtually each Thursday from 6:15 PM – 9:15 PM for those 5 weeks.
1) Review the requirements for becoming a CASA volunteer on our website – www.cgacasa.org/volunteer
2) Complete and submit an application.
3) Participate in at least one virtual interview. Depending upon the outcome of the interview, you will be invited to pre-service training.
4) Attend and successfully complete our 30-hour pre-service training program.
5) Participate in 10-hours of court observation.
6) Provide 4 personal and professional references.
7) Complete a Live Scan and pass Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), National Sex Offender Registry, Child Abuse Registry, Social Security Card and local security checks.
8) Be sworn in by our Juvenile Court Judge as a volunteer officer of the court.
9) Proudly SAY…I am changing children’s stories!
*You MUST complete an online application and an interview with a CASA staff member prior to attending training.*